Saturday, August 25, 2012

What Do Teachers Do After You Leave School (Anne Bowen)


All summer I've been looking for the right book to start the year of with. I think I found one I want to read the first day! We are kind of serious on the first day at our school. We go over rules and routines and we practice routines and we are stern (they say you have to be tough at first then you can lighten up....I have a hard time being stern....but I'm going to give it a go this year!) This book will be a great way to end the day and have a good laugh after being stern!

Don't all kids wonder what happens after school? This book puts on paper all the things kids figure really do happen. Teachers run down the halls, they don't wear their shoes, they have food fights, they are noisy, and they do crazy experiments in the science room! I love the funny pictures in this book. It's a quick read with rhyming words that are sure to make kids giggle.

Sep 25, 2013 Update:

I read this book to my class again today. They laughed at the funny pictures and stories. At the end someone asked, "Do teachers really do that?"

I asked who believed that they do.
Then who believed that they don't.

And then they said, "Well, do they?"

I said, "I can't say. Teacher's secret!"

hee hee....they hate that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment