Thursday, November 15, 2012

Witches (Roald Dahl)


 

I have always wanted to read The Witches aloud at Halloween time, and this year I finally got to. This book is a great read aloud. Sometimes, while doing s particular good job on my voice for the grand high witch some of the children in my class would timidly say, Mrs. Ackroyd I'm scared!" Success!! I hope they will always remember the thrill of listening to this story. I know I will always remember their squeals and laughter as we read this book. It is truly one of the best read alouds I have experienced! The story is about a boy whose parents die. He ends up living with his grandmother, who teaches him about the thing many children fear: witches! But not pretend witches.....real witches. And these witches hate children. Their mission in life is to rid the world of all children. And what an adventure it is as they battle it out! Definitely a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment