Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Judy Blume)

232100

February 12, 2018:

We just read this for Grade 3 Book Club. Most of the students loved the book. It was definitely our best attended meeting. There were about 27 kids there. Interestingly, I just found out that yesterday was Judy Blume's birthday! We sent her a happy birthday tweet.

Most of the kids really liked the book. The few that rated it lower than 7 did so because they said it was just a little too crazy an attempt at humor. I thought that was quite insightful. One of the students read the entire Fudge series and it was great to hear her thoughts on it. She said the books get better as they go. I guess I'll have to read the rest.




From Jan 15, 2013:

I just finished reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing aloud to my class. It is laugh out loud, bust a gut stuff for 8 year olds. I read to my class while they're eating their lunches. I always dismiss kids first who want to use the washroom. The rest get their lunches and we start into the book. It's so fun to see how they really hurry down to the washroom and back because they don't want to miss any of the story.

This book is a number of vignettes about Peter and his little brother Fudge. Fudge is a pain in the neck to Peter. He's always getting in his stuff and wrecking things. Kids can totally relate to Peter because, even if they don't have a younger sibling, they've hung around little kids that are a pain.

Love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment