Saturday, May 4, 2013

The False Prince (Jennifer Nielsen)


I've been listening to The False Prince on CD. What an awesome story! My 11 year old son joined in about half way through and didn't take long to get hooked either. Soon he took the CD case and was listening from the beginning.

I was pretty hooked from the beginning with this story. There are plenty of twists to keep you surprised and hooked on continuing the story. When I got to the end of the CD's I quickly got on the library website to get the 2nd book.

The story is about a kingdom where all the royal family has been killed. A Lord in the court decides to avert a civil war he will find someone to pose as the prince and take the throne. He kidnaps three orphans. Why orphans? Because no one will miss them, of course. They have two weeks to train and compete to become the heir to the throne.

I have to go get book 2 right away. This is a great series. I think it will be a great one for our Gr. 3 book club!





No comments:

Post a Comment