Friday, June 7, 2013

Two Bad Ants (Chris Van Allsburg)

Chris Van Alsberg is one of my favorites. I read this to my class this week and realized I haven't read them any of his books this year! Time to change that.

We have ants in our classroom.  This is a big distraction! I decided to turn it into a learning experience. We catch them and put them in a Ziploc back and study them. We've also read books about ants!

Two Bad Ants is hilarious. It is about two ants who decide to leave their home and venture into a kitchen. They find some wonderful crystals (sugar!) and soon become addicted to them. Getting out of the kitchen isn't easy either. Seeing the adventure from the ants perspective is something the kids in my class loved.

Bring on the ants! We love having them in our classroom.

Re-Read Sep 2019: Good connection to How To Walk An Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment