Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish (Neil Gaiman)

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish

This is an interesting story. It's funny, and one I think kids would love. I'm a little bothered by how the dad is portrayed though. He's so out of it and so consumed with reading his newspaper that he doesn't even notice he's been traded again and again.The mom is busy and bossy, and the sister is a real I-told-you-so kind of girl. They're all people who seem to be in every family! It would be kind of a funny way to start off a Father's Day discussion....but then perhaps follow it up with a more serious book about dads (or not!) :)

I loved the artwork in this book. It's kind of bizarre - like the story - but fascinating too. I also loved the little blurb at the end that tells us how he came up with this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment