Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Lean In (Sheryl Sandberg)

I really wanted to like this book. Many parts of the book were great. As I read it I felt like my ideas were expanding on attitudes I had about success and working lives of women. I think in many respects, though, Sheryl Sandberg doesn't speak for the every day working woman. She is in a different league. While many women simply don't have the choices she has had, she does a good job of making the reader thinking about how women have, at times, imposed limitations on themselves. Often women don't really commit themselves to a career because they know that one day they will have other things happen in life that will make their career a 2nd priority. It's a real dilemma. She does have some interesting perspectives on resolving that dilemma, but there is still much work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment